- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
The Hudson girls track and field team placed third with 82 points at the 13-team Nordonia Division I district meet May 19 at Boliantz Stadium in Macedonia.
Nordonia won the competition with 117 points and Twinsburg placed second with 93 points.
The 400 relay team won the district title with a time of 50.39 seconds.
The relay comprised Megan Boyda, Guliana LaMarca, Abby Petty and Jenna Reitenbach.
The top four relay teams and top four individuals advanced to the regional competition, which is scheduled to take place May 24 and 26 at Austintown-Fitch High School.
The 3,200 relay team reached victory lane in 9:38.95. That team consisted of Kalli Barrett, Grace Turner, Hannah Teed and Emily Akin.
The Lady Explorers' other win came from Brynn Meyer, who placed first in the high jump with a leap of 5 feet, 2 inches.
The 1,600 relay team of Akin, Ashley Gorze, Leah Hartman and Amy Morris took second in 3:59.58.
Also qualifying were Macy Lori, who placed third in the pole vault (10-8) and Taylor Miller, who finished third in the long jump (16-7.75).
Other Lady Explorers who scored team points are as follows:
• 400: Akin, third, 58.85
• 1,600: Turner, fifth, 5:21.78; and Cameron Bujaucius, sixth, 5:24.56
• 800 relay: Reitenbach, Morris, Ang Giaimo and Brynn Strawbridge, fifth, 1:45.95
• 100: Boyda, sixth, 12.98
• 800: Barrett, sixth, 2:25.32
• 3,200: Cameron Bujaucius, sixth, 11:45.39
• 100 hurdles: Tori Shriver, sixth, 16.52
• 300 hurdles: Shriver, seventh, 50.02; and Leah Hartman, eighth, 52.54