The Western Reserve Academy boys track and field team finished a close second with 88 points at the 10-team Cuyahoga Heights Relays April 29.
Cuyahoga Heights won the competition with 90 points and Independence captured third with 69 points.
The Pioneers won two events.
The long-jump relay of Carlos Alvarez Flores, Daniel Jang and Jack Sovich took first with a combined total of 53 feet, 8.5 inches.
Also capturing first with a time of 8 minutes, 25 seconds was the distance medley relay team of Cole Howard, Joseph Wiedemann, Harry Kang and Daniel Mylott.
Other Reserve relays that placed in the top five are as follows:
• Shot put: Wajdi Ahemed, James Zhang and Derrick Hampton, second, 120-11
• Pole vault: Charlie Kolodziej, Marc Franquesa and Jack Rubin, second, 27-6
• 6,400: Cole Howard, Will Downing, Zachary Bloom and Mylott, second, 20:10.4
• 3,200: Kang, Andrew Song, Ken Fuchino and Sasha Davis, second, 8:53.1
• Shuttles: Isaiah Ezeoke, Steven Majewski, Alvarez Flores and Sovich, second, 1:08.8
• Discus: Ahemed, Phillip Kuri and Hampton, third, 308-7
• High jump: Ian Israelson, Cole Howard and Christopher Sprunt, third, 16-2
• Sprint medley: Alvarez Flores, Tim Chen, Sovich and Israelson, third, 1:43.7
• 1,600: Davis, Devin Dhaliwal, Kolodziej and Israelson, third, 3:38.9
• 400: Alvarez Flores, Chen, Kolodziej and Sovich, fifth, 48.2
• 800: Chen, Ezeoke. Dhaliwal and Kolodziej, fifth, 1:39.7