The host Western Reserve Academy finished third out of six teams at the 61st annual Longstreth Relays April 1 in its season debut.
The Pioneers scored 72 points. Alliance Marlington won the competition with 81 points and Cuyahoga Falls took second with 72 points.
Reserve won two relays. The shot-put team of Wajdi Ahemed, Derrick Hampton and Connor Meehan had a combined total of 114 feet. Ahemed led the way with a toss of 44-2.
The pole-vault relay of Jack Rubin, Marc Franquesa and Charlie Kolodziej had a combined total of 28 feet. Kolodziej led the way with a vault of 11 feet.
Three WRA relays placed second. The discus team of Ahmed, Phillip Kuri and Hampton (103 feet) had a combined total of 297-8.
The high-jump trio of Cole Howard (5-6), Ian Israelson and Chris Sprunt had a combined total of 15-9.
Also capturing second was the sprint medley relay of Steven Yang, Jack Sovich, Kolodziej and Devin Dhaliwal. That quartet ran a time of 1 minute, 49.1 seconds.
Other Pioneer relays that placed in the top six are as follows:
• Shuttles: Nnahmdi Ezeoke, Carlos Alvarez, Steven Majewski and Sovich, third, 1:11.5
• Distance medley: Sammy Bluso, Cade Howard, Cole Howard and Danny Mylott, third, 11:53
• Long jump: Yang, Kolodziej and Sovich (19-1), 52-1.5
• 6,400: Cole Howard, Kai Treble, Bluso and Mylott, fifth, 20:46
• 400: Yang, Joe Wiedemann, James Doe and James Cook, fifth, 51.3
• 3,200: Israelson, Sasha Davis, Zack Bloom and Sprunt, fifth, 9:11.6
• 1,600: Bluso, Cade Howard, Cole Howard and Mylott, fifth, 3:58.3
• 800: Alvarez, Tyler Lotz, Mike Wu and Dhaliwal, sixth, 1:46.1