- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
The Hudson girls swimming and diving team captured the Cleveland Division I district meet for the fifth consecutive year Feb. 18 at Cleveland State University's Busbey Natatorium.
The Lady Explorers placed first out of 30 teams with 344 points. North Canton Hoover took second with 305 points and Walsh Jesuit placed third (279).
Hudson captured the top three places in the 200-yard freestyle.
Natalie Gundling won the competition with a time of 1 minute, 51.06 seconds. Teammates Maddie Hannan (1:51.38) and Gaby Palazzo (1:54.44) finished second and third, respectively.
The Lady Explorers also captured the top three places in the 500 freestyle.
Paige McCormick won the race by more than eight seconds. She swam a time of4:53.69. Gundling took second (5:01.07) and Maggie Haas placed third (5:10.07).
Hudson's 400 freestyle relay team of Hannan, McCormick, Gundling and Macy Trattner won in a meet-record time of 3:28.83.
Other Hudson swimmers who finished in the top 10 in individual events and in the top five in relays are as follows:
• 50 freestyle: Trattner, fourth, 24.03; and Brittan Ham seventh, 24.42
• 100 freestyle: Hannan, fourth, 52.71; and Trattner, fifth, 52.86
• 200 freestyle: Kirsten O'Keefe, 10th, 1:58.55
• 100 backstroke: Ham, fifth, 58.77
• 100 butterfly: Palazzo, fourth, 58.03
• 200 individual medley: McCormick, third, 2:05.31; and Haas, 10th, 2:08.82
• 200 freestyle relay: Trattner, Ham, Gundling and Palazzo, second, 1:35.65
• 200 medley relay: Ham, McCormick, Palazzo and Hannan, second, 1:45.57