Several Hudson baseball players recently were honored for their efforts during the 2014 spring season.
Nanak Saran was selected to participate in the Mizuno Senior All-Star game June 13 and 14 at Bill Davis Stadium in Columbus.
Saran and Kevin Zullo also were named to the 2014 Northeast Ohio Baseball Coaches Association Division I Inland first team. Walsh Jesuit's Ryan Feltner, a Hudson resident, was named to the first team.
Sam Evans, Jared Hoffman and Dan Joseph were selected by the Greater Akron Baseball Hall of Fame All Star Game, which is scheduled for June 17 at Canal Park.
Zullo also was named the Northeast Ohio Conference Valley Division Player of the Year and Explorers head coach Buddy Dice was named Valley Division Coach of the Year. Saran was named co-Valley Division Pitcher of the Year.
Other Hudson baseball varsity awards are as follows:
• Charlie Hustle: Joseph
• Top offensive performer: Joey Cahill
• Top defensive performer: Jake Stuursma
• Top pitching performers: Zullo and Saran
• Most Valuable Player: Zullo
• Ray Hyser: Joseph
• All-Valley Division team: Cahill, Joseph, Braden Wright, Ian Swan and Jared Hoffman
• All Valley Division honorable mention: Evans and Stuursma