The Hudson girls track and field team finished 10th with 36 points at a Division I district meet, which concluded May 23 at Nordonia High School in Macedonia.
Brecksville-Broadview Heights won the 14-team competition with 90.5 points and Stow-Munroe Falls (87) and Nordonia (74.5) took second and third, respectively.
Lady Explorers head coach Mike Schmidt was not available for comment as of press time.
Lauren Gorze advanced to the regional meet after placing third with a time of 46.85 seconds in the 300 hurdles.
The top four individuals in each event and the top four relay teams qualified for the Division I regional competition, which is scheduled for May 28 and 30 at Austintown-Fitch High School. The competition is set to begin at 5 p.m. both days.
Jordan Miller advanced with a fourth-place vault of 9 feet, 9 inches in the pole vault.
Also qualifying for the regional meet was Shilah Kidd, who finished fourth in the discus (104-11).
Others who scored team points for Hudson were the following:
• 400: Natalie Barnett, fifth, 1:00.07
• 1,600: Gaby Palazzo, fifth, 5:18.43
• 3,200: Sarah Wolanske, seventh, 11:52.95
• 400 relay: Brooke Royster, Kara Holley, Cara Sobzak and Natalle Schwarz, 13th, 53.79
• 800 relay: Royster, Lauren Westerbeck, Ali Baylor and Barnett, 11th, 1:49.59
• 3,200 relay: Arielle Dalea, Victoria Breeden, Wolanske and Palazzo, eighth, 9:49.12
• Pole vault: Macy Lori, fifth, 9-6