WRA places third
The Western Reserve Academy girls track and field team placed third with 70 points at the 58th annual Cuyahoga Heights Relays May 3.
McDonald won the seven-team relays with 98 points and Kirtland finished second with 82 points.
The Pioneers' long-jump relay team of Sophie Arzberger, Anne Carter and Erin Dockery won with a total of 45 feet, 6.25 inches. Carter set school and meet records with a leap of 17-2.25.
Also taking first for Reserve was the shuttle hurdle team of Halle Sovich, Arzberger, Catherine Berry and Carter (1 minute, 13.1 seconds).
The WRA following relay teams placed in the top six:
• High jump: Arzberger, Berry and Maya Gallegos, second, 13-8
• 1,600: Berry, Emily Cremer, Carter and Wade-Watta Kamara, second, 4:18.6
• Pole vault: Elisabeth Andersson, Daniela Sullinger and Ana White, third, 18-6
• 400: Tricia Cunningham, Cremer, Berry and Kamara, third, 52.6
• Shot put: Sophia Causey, Madison Clark-Bruno and Gallegos, fourth, 77-9
• Discus: Causey, Clark-Bruno and Gallegos, fourth, 216-9
• 6 ,400: Irina Kopyeva, Molly Hulver, Anna Ballard and Nina Tekelenburg, fourth, 25:35.3
• 800: Cunningham, Cremer, Carter and Kamara, fourth, 1:52.3
• 3,200: Kopyeva, Nichols, Ballard and Arzberger, fifth, 11:39.7
• Sprint medley: Dockery, Sullinger, Cunningham and Hannah Saucier, fifth, 2:08.9
• Distance medley: Kopyeva, Sovich, Saucier and Abigail Wyman, fifth, 10:55.2
The Pioneers were scheduled to visit Shaker Heights Laurel May 6 at the Laurel School Butler Campus in Russell. Results were not available at press time.
They are set to conclude their season at the East Canton Relays May 10 at 10 a.m.