Girls capture 10th place at Lexington
The Hudson girls track and field team placed 10th with 25 points at the 16-team Lexington Invitational April 12.
Canton GlenOak won with 107.5 points and Wadsworth (99) and Dublin Coffman (76.5) captured second and third, respectively.
The following Lady Explorers placed in the top eight:
• 3,200-meter relay: Arielle Dalea, Meredith Pinkerton, Eleanor Bashian and Gaby Palazzo, seventh, 10 minutes, 31.21 seconds
• 100: Natalie Barnett, fourth, 12.9
• 800 relay: Brooke Royster, Larisa Steiner, Ali Baylor and Barnett, fourth, 1:52.05
• 1,600: Dalea, eighth, 5:38.49
• 400: Baylor, eighth, 1:04.69
• 200: Barnett, third, 26.92
• Shuttle hurdles: Janine Planchet, Ally Gold, Megan Boyda and Lindsey Buehl, seventh, 1:22.22
• 3,200: Sarah Wolanske, seventh, 12:09.77; and Bashian, eighth, 12:24.09
Hudson is scheduled to visit Northeast Ohio Conference River Division rival Stow-Munroe Falls April 16 at 4:30 p.m.
The Lady Explorers are set to compete at the Perry Relays April 19 at 10 a.m.
WRA finishes 10th
The Western Reserve Academy girls track and field team finished 10th with 17 points at the 12-team Nordonia Relays April 12 in Macedonia.
The following Pioneers placed in the top eight:
• 400 meters: Tricia Cunningham, Annie Carter, Catherine Berry and Wade-Watta Kamara, seventh, 51.9 seconds
• 800: Cunningham, Carter, Berry and Kamara, fourth, 1:51.4
• 1,600: Cunningham, Emily Cremer, Berry and Kamara, fifth, 4:20.1
• Distance medley: Irina Kopyeva, Hannah Saucier, Anna Ballard and Abby Wyman, eighth, 15:01.2
• High jump: Sophie Arzberger, 4 feet, 10 inches; and Berry, 4-6, tied for third
• Long jump: Carter, second, 16-5
Trio fares well
The Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy boys and girls track and field teams finished seventh at the eight-team Bill Barry Invitational April 12.
The competition took place at Tallmadge Middle School's Rossiaky Stadium.
The Royals scored 45.5 points and the CVCA girls finished with 28 points.
Hudson residents Ryan Adams and Sammy Bockoven each had record-setting wins.
Adams finished first in the 800-meter race with a meet-record time of 1 minute, 56 seconds.
Sammy Bockoven won the 800 with a record time of 2:15.2. She also took second in the 3,200 (11:28). Ben Bockoven of Hudson placed second in the 800 (2:02).