The Hudson girls track and field team placed third with 70 points at the 10-team Golden Eagle Relays April 5 at GlenOak High School in Canton.
GlenOak won the competition with 116 points and Wadsworth finished second with 89 points.
"I thought it was a great learning experience for many of our runners," Lady Explorers' first-year head coach Mike Schmidt said.
"We have a very young team and it was nice to see many of them in an actual meet environment.
"We had a lot of good splits and coming in third place is a great way to start off the season. I hope we keep this momentum going."
The following Hudson athletes placed in the top eight:
• 1,600 sprint medley: Cara Sobczak, Miranda Coe, Mary Catherine Good and Halle Weber, sixth, 5 minute, 19.72 seconds
• 6,400: Sarah Wolanske, Arielle Dalea, Eleanor Bashian and Gaby Palazzo, first, 23:20.13
• 400: Brooke Royster, Natalie Barnett, Macy Lori and Erin Torrence, third, 54.46; and Bridget McBride, Amy Morris, Larisa Steiner and Kara Holley, eighth, 58.25
• 3,200: Wolanske, Dalea, Palazzo and Victoria Breeden, third, 10:55.52
• Shuttle hurdles: Lauren Gorze, Brooke Zubal, Paige Parris and Janine Planchet, second, 1:14
• 800: Royster, Torrence, Lori and Barnett, second, 1:54.22; and Holley, Steiner, Alexis Preskovec, eighth, 2:01.97
• Distance medley: Bashian, Breeden, Dalea and Wolanske, first, 13:53.38
• 1,600: Gorze, Ally Gold, Jordan Miller and Ali Baylor, fourth, 4:35.9; and Amy Morris, Natalle Schwarz, Miranda Coe and Kaleigh Queiser, seventh, 4:40.91
• Discus: Christina Core, Heather Weaver and Gretchen Weaver, seventh, 162 feet, 4 inches
• High jump: Gretchen Weaver, Madison Nenadal and Elizabeth Osthues, 8-6, fifth
• Long jump: Sydney Cravener, Ali Baylor and Briget McBride third, 41-5; and Hudson, fourth, 38-4.5
• Shot put: Core, Heather Weaver and Gretchen Weaver, seventh, 66-6
• Pole vault: Teghan Piper, Miler and Macy Lori, fourth, 7-6
The Lady Explorers are scheduled to host Northeast Ohio Conference River Division rival North Royalton April 9 at 4:30 p.m.
They are set to compete in the Lexington Invitational April 12 at 10 a.m.