The Hudson gymnastics team advanced to the Division I district competition after placing second during a sectional meet Feb. 16 at West Geauga High School in Chesterland.
Hudson scored 139.2 points. Mentor won the competition with 140.825 points. Also qualifying for districts mere Stow-Munroe Falls (131.075) and Nordonia (130.25).
Those four teams are scheduled to compete at a Division I district meet Feb. 22 at West Geauga. The competition is set to begin at 9 a.m.
Mackenzie Miller led the Lady Explorers with second-place finishes on bars (8.95) and the floor exercise (9.15). Teammate Riley Skinner took third on the floor exercise (9.125).
Also participating for Hudson were:
• Vault: Jenni Spencer, seventh, 8.925; and Megan Urbanic, 11th, 8.675
• Bars: Macy Lori, fifth, 8.825; Jordan Miller, 10th, 8.65; and Katie Goosmann, 11th, 8.65
• Balance beam: Lori, eighth, 8.8; and Skinner, 11th, 8.575
• Floor exercise: Spencer, ninth, 8.65
• All around: Lori, ninth, 34.025; Urbanic, 11th, 33.925; and Spencer, 12th, 33.9
The Lady Explorers also earned the team sportsmanship award at the meet.
For more, see the Feb. 19 edition of the Hudson Hub-Times.