The Hudson girls swimming and diving team won the 16-team Division I Akron North sectional title Feb. 8 at the University of Akron's Ocasek Natatorium.
The Lady Explorers finished with 426.5 points. Brecksville-Broadview Heights (295.5) and Walsh Jesuit (237) captured second and third, respectively.
A total of 21 Hudson swimmers and divers qualified for a Division I district competition, which is scheduled to take place at Cleveland State University's Busbey Natatorium.
"We had an exceptional sectional meet," Lady Explorers head coach Matt Davis said. "This is the time of the year we really talk about from the beginning. Now that it is almost here, it really gets me excited."
The following Hudson swimmers and divers advanced to the district competition:
• Diving: Brittany Seibert, fourth, 370.45 points; and Abby Villenauve, ninth, 310.85 points
• 200-yard medley relay: Stephanie Boyd, Gina Saxon, Caitlin Weigel and Macy Trattner, fourth, 1:53.7
• 200 freestyle: Paige Kelly, second, 1:56.16; Sarah Wolanske, third, 1:57.08; Boyd, fifth, 1:58.78; Natalie Gundling, eighth, 2:00.07; and Gina Saxon, 13th, 2:21.06
• 200 individual medley: Maggie Haas, fifth, 2:18.73; Gaby Palazzo, sixth, 2:19.45; and Leah Ambroziak, 12th, 2:21.04
• 50 freestyle: Weigel, third, 24.89; Jillian Saccogna, fourth, 24.93; Trattner, ninth, 25.59; and Brittan Ham, 17th, 26 seconds
• 100 butterfly: Weigel, first, 1:00.48; Palazzo, fifth, 1:01.57; Kristin Dagley, 15th, 1:04.27; and Ambroziak, 20th, 1:04.76
• 100 freestyle: Jillian Saccogna, third, 54.24; Boyd, sixth, 54.43; Gundling, ninth, 55.65; and Trattner, 12th, 56.27
• 500 freestyle: Kelly, first, 5:06.09; Wolanske, second, 5:13.16; and Kensie Schumacker, 13th, 5:32.95
• 200 freestyle relay: Saccogna, Kelly, Boyd and Weigel, first, 1:40.83
• 100 backstroke: Haas, fifth, 1:01.56; Megan Girvin, sixth, 1:01.88; Dagley, seventh, 1:02.46; and Renee Agnor, 20th, 1:04.95
• 100 breaststroke: Saxon, seventh, 1:10.29; Rachel Johnson, eighth, 1:10.49; Elizabeth Fulco, 12th, 1:12.2; and Ana Mathers, 14th, 1:12.62
• 400 freestyle relay: Saccogna, Wolanske, Boyd and Kelly, third, 3:40.37
"Liz Fulco, Renee Agnor, Ana Mathers, Brittan Ham and Megan Girvin all really stepped up to swim fast and make it to districts," Davis said.
Seibert and Villenauve are scheduled to dive Feb. 13 at 6 p.m. The rest of Hudson's district qualifiers are set to swim Feb. 15 at 10 a.m.