The Hudson boys swimming and diving team easily won the 14-team Akron North Division I sectional title with 514 points.
The meet concluded Feb. 7 at the University of Akron's Ocasek Natatorium.
Walsh Jesuit finished second with 352 points and Brecksville-Broadview Heights took third with 262 points.
A total of 19 Explorers qualified for the Division I district competition, which is scheduled to take place at Cleveland State University's Busbey Natatorium.
"The kids that needed to step up and swim fast to get to districts did just that," Hudson head coach Matt Davis said.
The following Explorers advanced:
• Diving: Brendan Dagley, second, 305.7 points; and Alex Freund, fifth, 221.3
• 200-yard medley relay: Doni Moffa, Ross Palazzo, Keegan Goeke and Ryan Johnson, second, 1 minute, 40.32 seconds
• 200 freestyle: Cole Clampffer, second, 1:45.42; Connor Coburn, seventh, 29.73; Brian Holcomb, 12th, 1:54.58; and Alex Faiman, 15th, 1:55.03
• 200 individual medley: Palazzo, first, 1:53.99; Peyton Brown, second, 2:04.7; Moffa, third, 2:06.23; and Will Wiley, fourth, 2:06.37
• 50 freestyle: Brendon Mulcahey, second, 21.64; Daniel Nguyen, eighth, 23.32; and Tanner Nelson, 10th, 23.43
• 100 butterfly: Mulcahey, second, 53.92; Wiley, sixth, 56.23; Miguel Gomes, eighth, 56.66; and Goeke, 10th, 56.73
• 100 freestyle: Clampffer, second, 48.77; Nguyen, fifth, 50.6; Johnson, seventh, 50.77; and Coburn, 11th, 51.12
• 500 freestyle: Brown, second 5:02.54; Faiman, fourth, 5:05.77; Holcomb, fifth, 5:07.31; and Adam Ambroziak, ninth, 5:11.98
• 200 freestyle relay: Brown, Clampffer, Johnson and Mulcahey, first, 1:31.26
• 100 backstroke: Moffa, second, 55.86; Nelson, third, 55.98; Goeke, fourth, 56.68; and Jason Alexander, eighth, 57.46
• 100 breaststroke: Palazzo, first, 59.56; Ambroziak, sixth, 1:05.03; Tyler Behm, eighth, 1:05.39; and Johnson, 11th. 1:06.16
• 400 freestyle relay: Palazzo, Clampffer, Brown and Mulcahey, first, 3:19.57
"We got some exceptional swims turned in by Miguel Gomes in the 100 fly, Tanner Nelson in the 100 back and Connor Coburn in the 200 free that really helped to inspire the entire boys team," Davis said.
"This week is going to be a lot of fun with so many kids training for the district meet."
Dagley and Freund are scheduled to dive Feb. 13 at 11 a.m. The rest of Hudson's district qualifiers are set to swim Feb. 15 at 10 a.m.