The Hudson girls and boys swimming and diving teams improved to 3-0 overall and 1-0 in the Northeast Ohio Conference Valley Division after posting wins over Solon Jan. 17 at Ada Cooper Natatorium.
The girls earned a 119-67 victory and the boys posted a 101-85 win.
Paige Kelly set a girls' pool record with a winning time of 4 minutes, 31.25 seconds in the 400-meter freestyle. She beat the second-place finisher by nearly 18 seconds.
Kelly also joined teammates Jillian Saccogna, Stephanie Boyd and Caitlin Weigel on the first-place 200 freestyle team, which finished with a pool-record time of 1:50.76. That team beat its nearest challenger by more than 11 seconds.
The boys team set five pool records.
Ross Palazzo set a pool record in the 400 freestyle with a time of 4:08.91, which was more than 16 seconds faster than his nearest challenger.
Palazzo added a pool record when he won the 200 individual medley (2:06.86). He won by more than 15 seconds.
Palazzo also was part of the winning 200 freestyle relay team that set a record (1:37.92).
Joining Palazzo were Cole Clampffer, Peyton Brown and Brendon Mulcahey.
Palazzo, Clampffer, Brown and Mulcahey guided the 400 freestyle team to a victory by more than 15 seconds.
Their time of 3:36.25 was a pool record.
Although he finished second to Grant Pinchot (57.39) of Solon in the 100 butterfly, Mulcahey's time of 1:00.44 broke the previous record prior to the Jan. 17 meet.
The following Lady Explorers and Explorers fared well:
• 200 medley relay: Boyd, Gina Saxon, Weigel and Saccogna, first, 2:06.09
• 200 freestyle: Natalie Gundling, first, 2:15.13; and Randy Anderson-Kenney third, 2:20.52
• 200 IM: Kelly, first, 2:25.55; and Brittan Ham, second, 2:45.99
• 50 freestyle: Saccogna, first, 28.37
• Diving: Brittany Seibert, first, 191.15 points
• 100 butterfly: Weigel, second, 1:10.46; and Alexis McIntosh, third, 1:16.7
• 100 freestyle: Sarah Wolanske, first, 1:01.61; and Kristin Dagley, third, 1:05.27
• 400 freestyle: Katie Donovan, third, 5:05.53
• 100 backstroke: Boyd, second, 1:08.89; and Macy Trattner, third, 1:12.21
• 100 breaststroke: Saxon, first, 1:19.05; and Leah Ambroziak, third, 1:24.38
• 400 freestyle relay: Maggie Haas, Gundling, Gaby Palazzo and Trattner, first, 4:13.47
• 200 freestyle: Clampffer, first, 1:59.38; and Brown, third, 2:02.73
• 200 IM: Doni Moffa, third, 2:23.23
• 100 freestyle: Clampffer, first, 55.22; and Brown, second, 56.39
• 50 freestyle: Mulcahey, first, 24.97
• 100 backstroke: Moffa, third, 1:04.26
• 100 breaststroke: Tyler Behm, second, 1:12.66; and Adam Ambroziak, third, 1:13.09
For more, see the Jan. 22 edition of the Hudson Hub-Times.