The Hudson girls and boys swimming and diving teams won the fourth annual 10-team George W. Morton Relay Meet Dec. 28 at Cleveland State University's Busbey Natatorium.
The Lady Explorers placed first with 224 points. Strongsville (214) and Rocky River Magnificat (166) finished second and third, respectively.
The Hudson boys won with 200 points. Strongsville took second (194) and Cleveland St. Ignatius (168) placed third.
"The relay meet is a fun break from the winter-break training for the kids," Hudson head coach Matt Davis said. "I feel the kids have been working extremely hard and they came in ready to swim fast.
"I was very pleased with our performance from both sides.
"The girls meet came down to the last relay with the winner-take-all 400 free relay with Hudson and Strongsville. It was a great race and I think next week's NOC [Northeast Ohio Conference] Meet and our dual meet [with Strongsville] in January will have the same excitement.
"The boys came up big, winning the 200 back and 200 breast relays to clinch the win."
The following Lady Explorer and Explorer relays finished in the top 10:
• 200-yard medley: Kristin Dagley, Gina Saxon, Caitlin Weigel and Macy Trattner, third, 1 minute, 55.38 seconds
• 800 freestyle: Sarah Wolanske, Stephanie Boyd, Natalie Gundling and Paige Kelly, first, 8:01.29
• 400 medley individual medley: Leah Ambroziak, Maggie Haas, Gaby Palazzo and Gundling, third, 4:23.93
• 200 butterfly: Jillian Saccogna, Wolanske, Palazzo and Weigel, 1:50.93
• 200 freestyle: Saccogna, Trattner, Brittan Ham and Weigel, first, 1:42.76
• 400 medley: Dagley, Saxon, Wolanske and Paige Kelly, second, 4:12.31
• 200 backstroke: Boyd, Dagley, Haas and Trattner, first, 1:55.16
• 200 breaststroke: Rachel Johnson, Ambroziak, Palazzo and Saxon, second, 2:15.11
• 400 freestyle: Saccogna, Gundling, Boyd and Kelly, first, 3:39.02
• 200 medley: Keegan Goeke, Peyton Brown, Brendon Mulcahey and Ryan Johnson, fourth, 1:42.56
• 800 freestyle: Cole Clampffer, Alex Faiman, Brian Holcomb and Jason Alexander, third, 7:36.8
• 400 medley individual medley: Ross Palazzo, Adam Ambroziak, Doni Moffa and Brown, first, 3:46.74
• 200 butterfly: Daniel Nguyen, Goeke, Miguel Gomes and Will Wiley, fifth, 1:47.96
• 200 freestyle: Johnson, Alexander, Nguyen and Tanner Nelson, sixth, 1:37.35
• 400 medley: Moffa, Palazzo, Mulcahey and Clampffer, first, 3:35.21
• 200 backstroke: Holcomb, Moffa, Alexander and Goeke, first, 1:47.76
• 200 breaststroke: Palazzo, Adam Ambroziak, Faiman and Johnson, first, 1:57
• 400 freestyle: Clampffer, Brown, Nguyen and Mulcahey, second, 3:18.41
Both teams are scheduled to compete at the NOC Valley Division Meet Jan. 4 at Busbey Natatorium. The competition is set to begin at 9 a.m.