The Hudson girls swimming and diving team won the Akron North Division I sectional for the fourth consecutive year Feb. 9 at the University of Akron's Ocasek Natatorium.
The Lady Explorers easily won the 12-team competition with 482 points.
Walsh Jesuit (228) and Brunswick (218.5) finished second and third, respectively.
Hudson won its sectional for the sixth time in Lady Explorers' head coach Matt Davis' seven-year tenure.
"We have a total 40 swimmers/divers [21 girls and 19 boys] going to district," he said. "This is our largest group in team history and we will be the largest team in the meet. This makes me very proud to know that our team is more than just one or two great swimmers. It is a true team effort.
"Our kids have worked very hard this season and they are seeing the effects of all their work. Both the boys and girls are going to make a run at district championships. It will be a very exciting and fun environment for our kids."
The district meet is scheduled to take place this week at Cleveland State University's Robert F. Busbey Natatorium.
Diving is set to take place Feb. 14 at 11:30 a.m. Swimming is scheduled to take place Feb. 16 at noon.
"The girls have been so consistent all season and they really put on an impressive show," Davis said. "Most of the kids were not really focused on this meet as much this week's district meet, so we should see several personal-best times then."
The following Hudson relay teams, swimmers and divers advanced to the district competition:
• 200-yard medley relay: Stephanie Boyd, Laura Murphy, Connie Gan and Jillian Saccogna, second, 1 minute, 51.34 seconds
• 200 freestyle: Paige Kelly, second, 1:54.88; Boyd, fourth, 1:59.22; Marscha Hornis, 10th, 2:02.47; and Angie Doerrer, 13th, 2:03.39
• 200 individual medley: Murphy, second, 2:11.05; Emily Arther, third, 2:16.11; Natalie Hill, fifth, 2:16.81; and Leah Ambroziak, 13th, 2:20.51
• 50 freestyle: Saccogna, first, 24.75; Caitlin Weigel, fifth, 25.12; Megan Girvin, 12th, 25.63; and Mary Lauletta, 17th, 25.98
• 100 butterfly: Connie Gan, first, 58.52; Hill, sixth, 1:01.44; Sarah Wolanske, ninth, 1:02.34; and Gina Saxon, 17th, 1:04.78
• 100 freestyle: Gan, second, 53.57; Weigel, sixth, 54.85; and Arther, 10th, 55.83
• 500 freestyle: Kelly, first, 5:09.03; Wolanske, fourth, 5:17.34; Hornis, sixth, 5:24.78; and Randy Anderson-Kenney, 15th, 5:33.68
• 200 freestyle relay: Murphy, Arther, Saccogna and Kelly, first, 1:41.3
• 100 backstroke: Boyd, third, 1:01.06; Girvin, fifth, 1:02.56; Kristin Dagley, 12th, 1:03.59; and Saccogna, 13th, 1:03.6
• 100 breaststroke: Murphy, second, 1:08.17; Gina Saxon, sixth, 1:10.4; Doerrer, 10th, 1:12.42; and Ambroziak, 14th, 1:14.28
• 400 freestyle relay: Gan, Arther, Boyd and Kelly, first, 3:40.29
• Diving: Bailey Speakman, 11th, 303.5 points; Mary Kate McNulty, 13th, 297.6; Brittany Seibert, 15th, 295.05; and Allison Quinones, 20th, 289.9