The Hudson boys swimming and diving team easily won the 11-team Akron North Division I sectional title Feb. 8 at the University of Akron's Ocasek Natatorium.
The Explorers scored 555 points.
Brecksville-Broadview Heights (248) and Stow-Munroe Falls (222) placed second and third, respectively.
The district competition is scheduled to take place this week at Cleveland State University's Robert F. Busbey Natatorium.
Diving is scheduled to take place Feb. 14 at 6:30 p.m. Swimming is set to take place Feb. 16 at noon.
"Overall, the boys really showed our depth as a team," Hudson head coach Matt Davis said. "The boys have really been working hard and it was great to see so many personal-best times from them. This week's district meet should be a really good meet for us. I believe the boys have a shot at winning the team title if we perform well enough."
The following Explorers' relay teams, swimmers and divers advanced to the district competition:
• 200-yard medley relay: Doni Moffa, Peyton Brown, Brendon Mulcahey and Ryan Hutcheson, first, 1 minute, 41.47 seconds
• 200 freestyle: Hutcheson, second, 1:46.02; Cole Clampffer, fourth, 1:48.41; Miguel Gomes, eighth, 1:51.75; and Daniel Berkley, 13th, 1:56.39
• 200 individual medley: Ross Palazzo, first, 1:54.73; Brown, second, 2:04.01; Moffa, fourth, 2:07.2; and Adam Ambroziak, sixth, 2:10.99
• 50 freestyle: Mulcahey, third, 22.18; and Ryan Johnson, seventh, 23.25
• 100 butterfly: Will Wiley, third, 56.68; McQuillen, fourth, 57.27; Gabriel Casimiro, fifth, 57.39; and Patrik Pollock, seventh, 58.01
• 100 freestyle: Johnson, 10th, 50.39; Gomes, 12th, 51.93; and Keegan Goeke, 14th, 52.61
• 500 freestyle: Hutcheson, first, 4:52.95; Brown, second, 4:59.84; Brian Holcomb, fourth, 5:10.76; and Berkley, fifth, 5:13.99
• 200 freestyle relay: Johnson, Clampffer, Palazzo and Brown, first, 1:30.64
• 100 backstroke: Moffa, second, 56.05; Clampffer, third, 56.37; Goeke, fourth, 57.51; and Holcomb, seventh, 59.09
• 100 breaststroke: Palazzo, first, 57.25; Tyler Behm, fifth, 1:04.1; Casimiro, sixth, 1:04.58; and Ambroziak, seventh, 1:05.86
• 400 freestyle relay: Hutcheson, Clampffer, Johnson and Palazzo, first, 3:19.23
• Diving: Alex Obendorf, second, 509.65; and Brendan Dagley, 11th, 294.05