The Hudson girls swimming and diving team finished the regular season with an undefeated record after posting a 180-135 victory over Strongsville Jan. 25 on the road.
With the win, the Lady Explorers improved to 9-0 overall. They captured their second Northeast Ohio Conference Valley Division title in three years with a 6-0 record.
"The girls were able to reach two of their goals as they won the NOC and finished the dual-meet season undefeated," Hudson head coach Matt Davis said. "It was a special night and I was very excited for our seniors to be able to go out like this.
"We swam very well and the kids have a lot of momentum and confidence headed into the final month of the season. We continue to work hard and the kids are swimming pretty tired right now, but they always rise to the occasion."
The Hudson boys lost a 179-130 decision to fall to 7-2 overall and 5-1 in the Valley Division. Strongsville won the regular-season title and the Explorers and Mayfield tied for second.
"The boys turned in some great swims but unfortunately, Strongsville is very, very good," Davis said. "They have a ton of talent and depth and were just too much for us. Our boys will be ready come tournament time and I am confident they will taper and peak over the next few weeks.
"It is great to see kids turn in season- and lifetime-best times as they are working hard during the season. It just means they will be even better in a few weeks."
The following Hudson swimmers and divers placed in the top three and the following Hudson relay teams finished first:
• 200-yard freestyle: Paige Kelly, first, 1 minute, 56.13 seconds
• 200 individual medley: Laura Murphy, first, 2:10.07; and Emily Arther, second, 2:14.38
• 50 freestyle: Jillian Saccogna, third, 25.13
• Diving: Brittany Seibert, second, 173.18 points
• 100 butterfly: Connie Gan, first, 57.9; and Natalie Hill, third, 1:00.68
• 100 freestyle: Stephanie Boyd, first, 54.89
• 500 freestyle: Kelly, first, 5:23.39; Marscha Hornis, second, 5:31.44; and Randy Anderson-Kenney, third, 5:41.06
• 100 backstroke: Boyd, first, 1:00.65; and Gan, second, 1:01.86
• 100 breaststroke: Murphy, second, 1:08.09; and Gina Saxon, third, 1:10.27
• 400 freestyle relay: Gan, Arther, Murphy and Kelly, first, 3:36.81
• 200 medley relay: Doni Moffa, Ross Palazzo, Ryan Hutcheson and Peyton Brown, first, 1:39.74
• 200 freestyle: Hutcheson, second, 1:48.46; and Cole Clampffer, third, 1:49.58
• 200 IM: Brown, second, 2:04.57
• 50 freestyle: Palazzo, first, 21.57
• Diving: Alex Obendorf, first, 276.08; and Brendan Dagley, third, 143.18
• 100 butterfly: Clampffer, third, 57.04
• 500 freestyle: Hutcheson, first, 4:55.07
• 100 backstroke: Palazzo, first, 53.82
• 100 breaststroke: Brown, first, 1:03.06
Both teams are scheduled to participate in a Division I sectional meet at Ocasek Natatorium. Boys diving is set to take place Feb. 6 and girls diving is scheduled for Feb. 7. Swimming is set to take place Feb. 8 and 9.