The Hudson boys and girls bowling teams lost to Stow-Munroe Falls Jan. 22 at Sto-Kent Family Entertainment.
The boys dropped a 2,575-2,065 decision and the girls suffered a 1,926-1,584 setback.
Donny Campbell led the Explorers' boys with scores of 179 and 187, respectively. Hunter McCullough rolled Hudson's high game of 192. His other score was 147. Also bowling two games for the Explorers were Mike Rybak (176-177) and Logan Booth (170-179).
Hudson's girls were led by Angela Piazza (157-155). Others who rolled two games for the Lady Explorers were Geneva Liljestrand (141-98), Ashley Gardea (124-111), Autumn Stanonik (123-109) and Elaina Arsham (134-92).
The junior varsity boys lost a 2,045-1,544 decision. Derek Moran led Hudson with games of 188 and 167, respectively.
WESTERN RESERVE ACADEMY BOYS AQUATIC TEAM BEATS BENEDICTINE
The host Western Reserve Academy boys swimming and diving team posted a 96-84 victory over Cleveland Benedictine Jan. 22.
The girls’ home meet with Shaker Heights Laurel has been postponed.
The following Pioneers’ swimmers and divers placed in the top three and the following Reserve relay teams won:
• 200-yard freestyle: Kevin Ly, second, 2 minutes, 7.53 seconds; and Sam Kuri, third, 33.92
• 200 individual medley: Jonathan Depew, first, 2:08.72; and Max Forsythe, third, 2:40.38
• 50 freestyle: John Ainikkal, second, 24.44
• Diving: Adam Sneath, first, 166.4 points; and Drew Perdue, second, 106.2
• 100 butterfly: Ainikkal, third, 1:03.51
• 100 freestyle: Eric Lugg, second, 58.23; and Kuri, third, 59.49
• 500 freestyle: Shyam Patnaik, second, 6:29.06; and Alex Balli, third, 6:32.61
• 200 freestyle relay: Ly, Depew, Ainikkal and Zein Alali, first, 1:37.29
• 100 backstroke: Ly, first, 1:04.36; and Forsythe, second, 1:08.37
• 100 breaststroke: Depew, first, 1:06.73; and William He, third, 1:21.02
For more, see the Jan. 27 edition of the Hudson Hub-Times.