- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
Cleveland Clinic Akron General LifeStyles offers a free monthly lecture series, “NuFit: Nutrition & Fitness Education for a New You!” at all Cleveland Clinic Akron General health and wellness centers.
Each hour-long program covers two topics and provides information about the latest in nutrition and fitness, new recipes, tips and more from a registered dietitian and fitness expert. The February class will focus on the “Busting the Top 10 Carb Myths” and “Fit or Fiction.”
• Feb. 14, 6 to 7 p.m., Bath Health & Wellness Center, 4125 Medina Road, Akron
• Feb. 28, 6 to 7 p.m., Green Health & Wellness Center, 1940 Town Park Blvd., Uniontown
Call to register: Stow 330-945-3100, Bath 330-665-.8100, or Green 330-896-5000.
Low-cost bone, glucose, cholesterol screenings
Akron General Community Access & Wellness offers regularly scheduled low-cost bone, glucose and cholesterol screenings throughout the community, including the following dates in February:
• Feb. 18*, 8:30-11 a.m., Stow Health & Wellness Center, 4300 Allen Road, Stow
• Feb. 11* and 28, 8:30-11 a.m., Green Health & Wellness Center, 1940 Town Park Blvd., Uniontown
• Feb. 14 & 25*, 8:30 to 11 a.m., Bath Health & Wellness Center, 4125 Medina Road, Akron
• Feb. 9, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Klein’s, 2015 State Road, Cuyahoga Falls
• Feb. 15, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mustard Seed Market, 3885 W. Market Street, Montrose
• Feb. 22, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Acme Fresh Market, 4445 Kent Road, Stow
*Bone density screenings are provided on indicated Saturdays only.
To measure LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, be sure to fast for at least 12 hours. No appointments required. Free parking is provided. Cholesterol and blood glucose screenings are done by a finger-stick test. The bone density screening is a fast, painless ultrasound.
Costs range from $12 to $58 depending upon the combination of tests ordered. Cash, check or credit card accepted at Akron General health and wellness centers. Cash or check only at other community locations.
Call 330-665-8248 for more information. A schedule with complete dates, times and locations for the year is available at the front desk of each of the Akron General health and wellness centers.