Summit Metro Parks officials are reporting multiple closures as a result high water, washouts and storm debris following Monday night’s severe storm.
Updates are being shared via Twitter (@metro_parks) and on the park district’s Alerts page at summitmetroparks.org, under the News tab.
Among the closures as of 10 a.m. Tuesday morning:
* Akron / Sand Run Metro Park: the Jogging Trail, between Revere Road and the vehicle ford
* Akron / Sand Run Metro Park: Sand Run Parkway, between Revere Road and Portage Path; Treaty Line Road, between Portage Path and Merriman Road
* Akron / Sand Run Metro Park: the Big Bend Area entrance and parking lot, which offers access to the multipurpose Towpath Trail
* Akron / Cascade Valley: the Overlook and Oxbow trails
* Akron / Firestone Metro Park: the Redwing and Willow trails
* Akron & Cuyahoga Falls / Hampton Hills Metro Park: all hiking trails
* Munroe Falls / Bike & Hike Trail: east and west of Brust Park / SR 91
* Peninsula / Deep Lock Quarry Metro Park: the parking lot and trail
* Twinsburg / Liberty Park: Buttonbush Trail in the Pond Brook Area