After 10 days in Florida, I returned home with a new-found wisdom.
These are just a few things I learned while away.
1. I am hopelessly, embarrassingly addicted to my laptop, which I left at home.
2. The kids I have to pry out of bed minutes before the bus comes, will be up and ready to go shelling at low tide at 6 a.m.
3. Food that I don't have to cook tastes better. OK, I already knew this, but it was reaffirmed.
4. I will never be a champion paddle boarder.
5. I can live without TV.
6. I really only need to pack two outfits and a bathing suit.
7. I don't like seeing other planes flying next to my plane.
8. A creature in a shell can spit water if he does not want to be disturbed.
9. Bike riding is more fun when you ride to the beach.
10. I really enjoy hanging out with my family.
I hope you all enjoyed a break from the routine this summer. Until next summer.