MARS, PA—In 2004, Barbara Grossman founded the Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival as a creative way to raise funds for her daughter’s school, the Waldorf School of Pittsburgh.
Fast-forward 10 years, and you’ll find Grossman and her team hosting an annual consumer event that draws thousands of fiber enthusiasts from all over the tri-state area and beyond. The three-day event lets attendees learn from world-renowned teachers, see demos, try a new technique, and purchase yarns, patterns, accessories and more from a variety of vendors — many of whom travel hundreds of miles to spend their weekend in Pittsburgh and partake in all the fun.
The Festival takes place March 14, 15 and 16, 2014, and is celebrating its 10th anniversary with several celebrity guests and special events, including:
· New York Times No. 1 bestselling author Debbie Macomber will speak, sign books and appear at two very special receptions during the Festival
· Runway Fashion designer Lily Chin returns as a Featured Teacher.
· Nicky Epstein returns with a new doll display, this time sharing her collection of 18-inch dolls in a variety of knit and crochet patterns that she designed for her new pair of books, and also kicks off the weekend with a Nicky Epstein Vogue Knitting Live Fashion Show.
· Steven “StevenBe” Berg returns to emcee the Festival’s wildly popular Pajama Party, as well as its hotly anticipated Top 10 Ravelry Design contest.
· The Revolving Trunk Show returns for a second year, due to popular demand.
· As a nod to the Festival’s educational roots, the Author VIP Area will feature several industry authors for book signings and more.
“We’re expecting a big and lively crowd for our 10 year anniversary,” notes Grossman. “There has always been a lot to see and do at the Festival, but this year is going to be like none other.”
To learn more about the Festival, visit www.pghknitandcrochet.com.