Akron, OH – Are you the next 2014 Harvest for Hunger Virtual Idol? Individuals and groups of all ages and quantities are invited to support the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank’s Harvest for Hunger campaign by registering for the second annual Virtual Idol singing competition by March 24, 2014.
It’s simple to get involved:
· Register and submit your 3-minute or less singing video at akroncantonfoodbank.org, by Monday, March 24, 2014.
· Rally your friends, family members and co-workers to visit virtualidol.org April 1 through April 30, 2014 to vote for your video.
· Every dollar that is donated will count as one vote for the video of their choice, and the video with the most votes when voting closes on April 30, 2014 will be named the 2014 Harvest for Hunger Virtual Idol winner!
· Your $5 donation can provide 20 meals to hungry men, women and children in our community.
· First place winner receives: Photo package provided by Love What I Do Photography, admission video featured on the Harvest for Hunger website for the entire year, perform the National Anthem on Dec. 20, 2014 at the Selfless Elf 5k and provided by the Fairlawn School of Music, the choice between three song demo recording, professionally mixed, or one year voice lessons.
· Second place winner receives: Three months of voice lessons, provided by the Fairlawn School of Music
· Third place receives: Three months of voice lessons, provided by the Fairlawn School of Music
Last year, Virtual Idol was able to provide 44,272 meals for the hungry in our community. When people all work toward a common goal, everyone wins.