Small furnace fire causes disruption at Seton Catholic School in Hudson

by Laura Freeman | Reporter Published:

Hudson -- Students at Seton Catholic School were back in their classrooms by 8:40 a.m. Jan. 7, after a fire alarm at approximately 7 a.m. provided some excitement for the first day back to school after Christmas break.

Police and fire departments responded to the alarm and put out a fire contained in one of two furnaces at the school, according to Pat Fritz, Seton Catholic School communications director.

The school buses and parents let students off at the front door instead of the back to stay out of the way of the safety forces, she said.

Students waited in the Chapel until Chief Robert Carter declared the school safe for occupancy, Fritz said. Third- and fourth-graders in the four classrooms heated by the damaged furnace were sent to other classrooms, and the furnace is being repaired.

Want to leave your comments?

Sign in or Register to comment.